My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My first passion

I've been a reader for as long as I can remember. My Nana taught me the alphabet on a MagnaDoodle when I was a toddler, and the rest is history. When I was five, my mom would come upstairs, where we had a huge set of bookshelves that not only housed my collection of kid books, but also all of hers. On the floor around me would be scattered all of her "adult" novels. I would ramble on about how bad they were because the people in the book were kissing and doing other things and they were not married! I wasn't even in kindergarten yet!

That passion for reading has never ceased. I read just about everything I can get my hand on--mostly fiction, but I also love memoirs and biographies. I go through a new book every few days, and I'm constantly updating an Access database that houses my To Read and Have Read lists. Trust me, an Excel spreadsheet wouldn't cut it.

I've been toying with the idea to blog about the books I read. Why not share my passion with other people, the way I have been with my recipes? My question to you, dear readers, is should I merge the two, and write about both food and books here on Mauve Cabinets? Or do I start a whole new blog just for books? What do you think?

I am leaning towards writing about both here. A) It would seriously increase my posting on here. I know I've been slacking, I have NOT been cooking as often as I'd like to. My migraines have come back, and I have not had the energy to cook in the evenings. B) It would also (hopefully) increase my readership on here, bringing in a new audience, who might then also try my recipes as well.

However, I don't want to alienate either group of people. I realize that not all readers cook, and not all cooks read. But, I think there's enough of an overlap that it could work. I want your input, let me know what you think!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home