My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Best Kinds of Days

Every once in awhile I'm asked to cover a Saturday at work, and in return, I'm given a day off during the week. this was one of those weeks, and today I got to lay around in bed all day. Sure, I could have been doing something productive, but I started reading Angels & Demons yesterday and that's one of those books that you just can't put down once you start. This morning, I put a pork roast in the crockpot, and this evening, I finished my book just in time to start the rest of dinner fixins'. Now I'm nursing one glass of wine (just one...sigh...damn migraines), and typing this up before I go up and start my next book. What, you thought I'd take a break or something?

Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast
Adapted from Beantown Baker

2.5 lb pork roast
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp cornstarch
6 oz fresh cranberries (I took mine straight from the freezer, did not seem to cause a problem)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon, thinly sliced

Mix ginger, mustard, salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Coat pork. Place in crockpot.
Put rest of ingredients in crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4. It will be more tender if you cook it lower and slower.

I served it with Balsamic Glazed Carrots (you'll see recipe soon) and an adapted form of this gravy. I used cranberry juice instead of apple cider, and rosemary and thyme in the roux.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home