My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheesy Sausage Ragu

I gotta tell you, I've missed my kitchen this week. As tired as I've been, I've been uber frustrated with the lack of cooking I have been doing. But, I've brought so much paperwork home with me every night that I just have not been able to spend time in the kitchen. I did work an extra hour off the clock tonight, but I didn't bring work home with me. Instead, I came home and went straight upstairs. I didn't use a recipe for this. It was born out of the ingredients of my fridge, things I needed to get rid of.

Cheesy Sausage Ragu
From me!

1/2 lb of your favorite pasta (I used Rigatoni but I think something smaller would work better)
1/2 roll sausage (I used hot Italian)
1 cup Marinara sauce
Garlic powder
Dried Basil
Dried Oregano
Dried Thyme
Dried Rosemary (Dear spice company, can you for consistency's sake, use the same shaker cap on your rosemary as you do on all other herbs/spices? That way when I open the cap I don't pour half the bottle into my sauce. Kthx)
Salt and Pepper
Worcestershire sauce (what, did you actually expect me to make a recipe without it??)
2 oz fresh mozzerella, chopped
1/4 cup mascarpone
Parmesan

Boil water. Cook pasta per package directions.
While pasta is cooking, brown sausage in medium skillet. Drain grease. Add marinara sauce to meat. Add spices and herbs to your taste. Be careful with the rosemary. It's tricky! Let this simmer until pasta is almost done. Just before you drain pasta, add cheese to sauce. Drain pasta. Mix pasta into sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan on top.

Note--You can change the cheeses in this. I happen to have fresh Mozzerella and mascarpone from another recipe. You could easily use shredded packaged mozzerella and cream cheese. You just want something melty/stringy and something smooth and creamy. I'm all about using what you have on hand. Same with the herbs--use what you've got.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home