My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Yummies

My sister asked me for this recipe today, so I figured I'd post it on here. I'm not really cooking today, sort of taking the weekend off since it's my birthday weekend.

My aunt brought these to Thanksgiving a few years ago. My sisters and I DEVOURED them. Seriously, we could not keep our hands out of the container. Mom kept telling us to stop eating cookies or we couldn't complain about our weight (it was during those awkward high school years when we all had self esteem issues). We didn't care. We kept going back for more and more and more.

For my wedding shower, my sister put together a book of recipes from everyone in attendance. Aunt Ellen submitted this one, because she knew how much I loved these cookies. These are dangerous. Proceed with caution.

Pumpkin Cookies
From Aunt Ellen

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
2 cups pumpkin
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter, sugar, and pumpkin.
Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
Drop cookies onto greased pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool Completely.
Ice with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
From Aunt Ellen

8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick softened butter
16 oz powdered sugar

Mix together cream cheese, vanilla, and butter. Slowly mix in powdered sugar until you come to your preferred consistency and sweetness. (I like to taste the cream cheese, some people prefer it a lot sweeter. I never use all 16 oz of sugar.)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home