My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Friday, November 13, 2009

Green Pasta

Sorry about last night, guys. I know it was a skeeze of a post, but I was sooooooooo sick. CO2 poisoning is no fun! I am feeling MUCH better today though, the gas fumes have dissipated and the furnace parts are on order.

J. and I are going up to Huntington tonight for some festivities so I wanted to be sure to get this post up early.

Last night's recipe came from Artisan Sweets. It was fairly simple to put together, and full of Vitamin A, from the broccoli. However, I fattened it up quite a bit with butter and cream. This is one of those recipes that you don't measure, just throw it all in and taste. I would suggest using more milk than cream, otherwise it gets too thick for the blender (not that I found that out the hard way or anything). It's one of those recipes that you think...I am not really sure about this one. And even when we sat down to eat it, the green color was kind of off putting. But with pepper and Parmesan on top, this one is a keeper.

Broccoli Pasta
Adapted from Artisan Sweets

Steam broccoli over pot of boiling water. Remove from pot, throw in salt and your favorite pasta (I used bow tie). Saute broccoli in butter or oil and garlic, just until garlic is soft. Throw broccoli and garlic in a blender with butter, milk, and cream. Season with salt and pepper, maybe some other herbs, if you have any on hand (I had a little rosemary). Pulse until smooth. You may have to stir with a spoon, or add a little more milk to get it all to puree. Drain pasta, put back in pot, then pour sauce over. Add big handful or two of shredded mozzarella. Serve with lots of freshly ground pepper and Parmesan cheese on top!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home