My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

The good thing about having 15 male coworkers is that there are always hungry guys around looking for a treat. They come to the shop between jobs and even if they've just had lunch, they are always ready for another break. Basically I have 15 guinea pigs around when I get the hankering to bake. I tried to convince my boss to promote me to company chef and send me to culinary school but he would have none of it. Ah well. For now I'll just have to be satisfied bringing these babies in to feed my guys. I don't hear them complaining much.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
pinch of ground ginger
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar (I ran out, so I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar and about 1/4 molasses to make up the rest)
1/2 cup sugar (in addition to what I used with molasses)
1 egg
15 oz can of pure pumpkin (ok, who seriously has ever seen a 15 oz can of pumpkin? not me. My store carries one size. GIGANTIC. So I used 1/2 a 29 oz can.)
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger together and set aside.
In mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Beat in egg.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop in rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheets sprayed with PAM spray.
Bake for 13-15 minutes.

These may be the only cookie ever that is better the next day. I was not impressed the other night when I made them, they seemed really dry. But the next day, the pumpkin will have worked its magic and the cookies will be moist and fluffy, almost the texture of muffins.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home