My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Friends, New recipes

J. told me the other day that he hadn't seen a close friend of his in awhile. His friend goes to school here in town, but we rarely see him. However, J. of course never called JC, so I took it upon myself to invite him over for dinner. I figured he could use a home cooked meal, and I could use a guinea pig for my recipes. He brought a friend, and we all had a great time! It was such a great night, and I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did. There is nothing better than getting compliments on a meal, and so I invited over two hungry college boys :). Good idea? I think so!

Buffalo Chicken Minis

1 Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
1 cup Buffalo sauce
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
16 mini buns

Shred up chicken in medium sauce pan with sauce, water, butter and Worcestershire. Cook on Medium high heat for 10-15 minutes, until sauce has boiled down a little bit. Serve on mini buns with blue cheese dressing.

Blue Cheese Dressing

2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 mayo
1/4 cup butter milk
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
kosher salt and pepper, to taste

Put the sour cream, mayo, buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and blue cheese. Pulse until combined, but still chunky.

Southwestern Coleslaw

1 bag of colesaw mix
4 medium carrots, chopped fine
3 radishes, sliced thin
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp EVOO (Yeah, I used that label, but only for easiness sake)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine veggies in serving bowl. Add salt, pepper and sugar. Add olive oil and vinegar and toss to coat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home