My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Saturday, October 3, 2009

I won't torture you any more...

If you've been following me on Twitter today, you are probably going crazy! I've been torturing you with this one all day, even posting a different recipe midday, while Tweeting about how good this bread was smelling! How mean am I?

Well, no fear, my friends, here is the long awaited recipe (if one afternoon can count as long awaited).

This bread is pretty good, although it needs a bit more salt, maybe a little vanilla. I had frozen my bananas, maybe that had something to do with the blandness? And I think I would like to use the whole jar of nutella, instead of just 1/2 cup. I figure if you're going to add nutella to banana bread, why not use the whole jar??? Unfortunately I only had half a jar left.

Also, I'm not sure how the whole jar would mess with the chemistry of baking. Anyone have thoughts on that? I'm no scientist.

Banana Nutella Bread
From Barbara Bakes (I didn't change this one at all, this one is allllllll Barbara. Fantastic job!)

1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 small)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Nutella (I melted it a bit in the microwave to make it easier to work with)

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; whisk together until well mixed.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in separate bowl.
Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon 1/2 batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Add 1/2 Nutella in dollops. Swirl a bit, then top again with remaining batter. Add rest of Nutella in dollops on top. Swirl again.
Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home