My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloWriMo

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm really enjoying this food blog thing. I love doing the research, which for me, basically means subscribing to every other food blog I come across and printing off every recipe that looks good. Those recipes go into 3 binders that are tabbed into sections. Then, when it's time to go grocery shopping, I go through and do a meal plan for the next two weeks. I follow the recipes when I cook, making my own changes and annotations as I go, then do a post that night (or sometimes the day after). Recipes I don't like get thrown away, Good ones get starred and put back in the binder for the next time we get a craving.

The blog has given me an outlet for my creativity in the kitchen, and it's challenged me to cook a lot more often. Those of you familiar with the blogging world will know what NaBloWriMo is, but for those who aren't, here you go:

November is National Blog Writing Month. Basically, the goal is to write 30 posts in 30 days! Holy crapola. Now that is a challenge!

I can't guarantee that I will cook every night, but I am going to post a recipe every night. I have lots of starred recipes that I've made before I started blogging that I know you guys will love. Hold on to your hats kids. This may be a crazy ride!

Go here if you want to read more about NaBloWriMo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home