My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, IL, United States

Friday, November 20, 2009

Uh oh!

Well, it finally happened. I forgot to do a post. I was not in the best of moods last night and I just gave up and went to bed. I didn't remember until about 3 am that I hadn't written a blog!

So to make up for it, you get two posts today.

The first recipe is going to be a pretty standard pumpkin pie recipe, but I know everyone is looking for the best one right now, so I thought I'd help you out with your search. I made this one last year and it went over pretty well.

Pate Brisee (Short Crust Pastry)

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1" pieces
1/4 cup ice water

In food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter and process until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly add water and process until dough balls. Flatten to disk, wrap in plastic. Store in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Roll out dough for pate brisee. Place in pie pans. Wrap in plastic and chill again for 30 minutes.

Pumpkin Pie

3 large eggs
2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375.
Lightly whisk eggs. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until filling is set and crust has browned.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home